Wednesday, October 14, 2009

The National Anthem...by Jerry Vale

Hello all,

Steve asked me to upload this here for him.

It is a beautiful, patriotic slide show set to my dad singing The National Anthem. A friend of my parent's put it together and it makes me smile.

For those of you that don't know my dad...he is the biggest baseball fanatic and I think his favorite professional accomplishment is probably having his recording of The National Anthem inducted into The Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown, NY.

It's really cool...we actually got to go see it hanging in the museum!

Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. Great job! I don't blame you for being proud of that, Jerry and family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was great! He has a wonderful voice. My family all can sing. My grandparents sang on the radio every Sunday morning, I was dragged to the Grand Ol' Opry a couple of times, my Dad can sing, but I can't sing a lick, although I am not tone deaf-I can detect a bad note most of the time.

    PussDaddy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been looking for this for years!! The Cincinnati Reds used this version throughout the Big Red Machine years of the 1970's. I'm surprised it's not available anywhere....at least not that I've been able to find.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes - I remember the Reds playing that version of the National Anthem at home games in the 70's! And to this day, it is still the version I like the best. The combination of Jerry's voice with the band accompaniment is still the gold standard. I always wince when I hear an artist try to put their "stamp" on it, but end up stomping on it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. as a Pirate fan watching away games i remember vividly Jerry Vale's version of the national anthem, as memorable as Kate Smith's recording of God Bless America at the Philadelphia Spectrum

    ReplyDelete